Last weekend I had the privilege of shooting a magical event in the heart of Cheshire with some incredible women. ‘Moments of Inspiration’ was a collaboration from three amazing women. Helen Mccue - the founder of Moments Candles. Abigail Horne the founder of Authors & co and Sarah Stone a well renowned and respected lifestyle photographer.
The day started at The Colony HQ in the heart of Cheshire and as the room started to fill up fast with wonderful vibrant business women, I knew this was the start of an incredible day. Every part of the day had a touch of class and was hosted by the beautiful and wickedly funny Jenny Powell, with special guest Rachel Lugo, star of the Real Housewives of Cheshire.
Throughout the day incredible sessions were being held with the intent to give as much value to the ‘ladies who lunched’ as possible. Not only did every attendee leave with incredible content to implement into their businesses straight away, they left with the most beautiful gift bag full of treats.
With the most incredible entertainment from Dani Wallace and beautiful backdrop design by The.R.Edit the day was an incredible success and I look forward to the next one ;)
Full Gallery here - Moments Of Inspiration
In the age of the Influencer and fast paced digital age, it is now even more important to get yourself out there. Gone are the days of hiding behind a great logo and website. We need to become more visible and that means looking your best. Facebook started as a simple format to connect with friends and is now one of the biggest platforms for promoting your business or services. Not to mention Linked In, Instagram and Twitter
Here are my 5 reasons why everyone needs a professional Headshot
1. It conveys professionalism. And that means the difference between your ideal client choosing you over your competition. Look smart, smiley and approachable and you’re half way there
2. Make yourself known. There is no point in hiding behind a logo with no face to your brand or business. Give a prospective client a reason to say hello if you meet at a networking event or out and about. And people want to see who they will be working with. If you’re a make up artist or hairdresser, let your potential clients see you in real life. You’ll become more approachable and easier to reach out too
3. Let people know how you look …. right now. Not 10 years ago, not at school, but right now. It will lead to authenticity when talking to prospective clients
4. STAND OUT - If it comes between someone booking you and the next guy. Make them choose you. Get the right photographer who will get the best out of you so you will stand out from the crowd. It’s worth it ;)
5. Become your brand. People only buy from those they like, know or trust and a first impression speaks a thousand words. If you want to get ahead in your business you have to be the face behind your business. Branding is you!!!
If you get it right and then keep the same image across all your social media platforms, you will create trust and authority, which is paramount when leading your business with integrity
If any of this has helped, come and say hi ;)
So last month I launched my first portfolio shoot day. Meaning you could book 2 hours shooting time with myself, together with Hair Stylist and Make Up Artist at the amazing Nock Studio in Blackpool. After being a dancer/actress in the industry for over 10 years, I know how important it is to have great images … to sell yourself to the commercial world. As an actor/dancer/model/creative … you are your own brand … and it’s so important to have the best version of yourself to show to the client or casting director.
We had the awesome Jak Whittaker as Hair Stylist and Jacob Alexander as Make up Artist. I’m in talks to get a stylist on board aswell. We had aspiring model Charles Pugh who was looking to get images to build his portfolio and the gorgeous Ali Wilson-Goldsmith who is an aspiring Actor and Model who we shot portfolio and headshots.
We held the shoot at the incredible Nock Studio with its gigantic infinity wall and Profoto Equipment. We got some gorgeous images …. and I’m mega excited for the next one! Book your place now ;)